Friday 26 February 2016

Greying:

Greying: Hair 

During this practice I have been taught a great technique to create greying hair in a very simple way. I needed to create my character to look a bit older so therefore by using this simple technique I will make my character appear older than my model is. As I am using a male model I was worried about the lack of techniques used on my model but but learning this will add an extra theme to them. 

Kits:
- Hair brush 
- comb 
- dry Shampoo

Greying: 


I started off with clean hair and brushed out all the knocks and by using this simple technique I created a greying hair look. I took some dry shampoo and sprayed it through the roots of the hair creating a very white root. I then took a thin pin tale comb and combed this through the hair. By using a thin comb this creates a sort of highlighted grey hair rather than all over the hair. This technique is very effective for a quick ageing look that can make your character appear older. I would like to use this technique within my character as my model is a lot younger than my character is meaning this will help create a slightly more aged look.


No comments:

Post a Comment