Thursday 7 April 2016

Mrs.Laderman

Overall Character and Designs 

In this blog I will be writing about my chosen character Mrs. Laderman and how she fits into my chosen TV series. As explained in a previous blog Mrs. Laderman will as well fit into my Tv series 'Grimm' as an old frail women living below my other character 'Claudia'. The TV series explains a Portland detective called Nick who is the last of the 'Grimms' meaning he can see mysterical creatures who are masked as humans. Through this power he solves cases to save lives. I took inspiration from the original story of 'Rapunzel' as the series is based on the 'Brothers Grimm Tales' and I thought that I could adapt this story to the characters that we were given. Below I summerised the character of Mrs. Laderman and how she fits into my designs and TV series.


Perosonalities, Bakcground and Appearance:


  • Mrs. Laderman lives in the apartment below Claudia and is always telling Claudia that the outside world is a Horror and dangerous, therefore she must never go outside and stay where she is safe.
  • Mrs.Laderman wishes to keep Claudia inside her aparement as Claudia is a beautiful young women and Mrs. Laderman was once beautiful but cannot regain her youth therefore she wishes to keep Claudia all to herself as she is a reminder of her youth. Therefore she makes sure that nothing lets Claudia leave her apartment and she uses her Witching powers to make sure this happens.
  • Mrs. Laderman is an old lady full of wrinkles and she consists of dark,stressed out eyes as she has been stress most of her life trying to regain her youth. She has a witchy nose and wort and wears dark clothing which represents her feeling, if she has any. 

StoryLines: 


Mrs. Laderman lives in the apartment below Claudia her beautiful upstairs neighbour. Mrs. Laderman is secretly a Witch however the one thing she desires even her magic cannot achieve which is regaining her beauty. Therefore Mrs.Laderman must keep Claudia from leaving her apartment as she need her as a reminder of her youth. As one day when Claudia tries to brave and leave her apartment she has trouble leaving and terrible things begin to happen to her and she return to her home. Therefore Claudia calls detective 'Nick' to investigate. As we know its Mrs.Laderman stopping her Nick begin to suspect trouble. However, Mrs. Laderman begin to become jealous as Claudia see more of 'Nick' and this causes ore trouble in the story. Does Claudia managed to escape her house?


Make-up Designs:

Design One: 

In my first design I have taken inspiration from these images shown here. I wanted to create my character as appearing very age therefore I would use a different technique of shading and light to create the appearance of old skin through colour. Under the eyes I wanted to represent the stress of my character therefore I would use either eye shadows or supercolour in shades of  red to create this tired eye look. I would leave the eyebrow quite natural as she is an older women and I  would believe she would not wear a lot of makeup. To finish off the look I wanted to introduce a part that could replicate that she is a witch therefore I would create a mole/wart like shown in my design to represent this part of her character. 

Design Two:

In this Design I have taken inspiration from my first design but I have adapted it slightly. I would still be using the same techniques of shading and light to create an appearance of old skin however I have changed this look by giving my character dark under eyes which I believe will add to the feel of being a witch. I believe the look of dark under eyes and the wort on the nose really empathizes the idea of her other character without giving to much of her character away. I really like this design however I am unsure if I can make my characters skin appear realtic in 'age' by using this technique therefore in my next design I will explain a different method that I will use.   


Design Three:

In my final design I have taken inspiration from all my designs, however I have changed some aspects and techniques. Instead of the creating the wrinkle with light and shades like shown in the other design I have decided to create them with the 'old age stipple' technique. I would also use a prosthetic witch nose and attach this with latex and blend in with the natural skin using foundation and different colouring of 'supercolour'. I decided to add in the red eyes in this design as I believe the tired eyes really highlights my characters feeling of stress to have youth and the red colouring really will bring out the eyes in photos. In this design I really want to achieve the witch element to my look as this is what my character is truly and I believe this will best represent her.  


Hair Design:

Design One:

In this design I took inspiration from movies and films I had watched with films e.g. 'Stardust'. In that film there are three witches chasing after a star to get her heart as this would restore their beauty. I believed this related to my story as both characters wish to restore 'youth' or 'beauty' in some form. As the characters in the film use up more power this causes more stress causing hair to fall out as they age therefore I wanted this age/stress to be shown in my character. I know this would be quite hard to achieve as I have never done a look like it before. However, I believe if I was to achieve this I would use a bald cap on my model and cut small holes where I would like certain bits of hair to be shown and pull the hair through with a comb. I would achieve the grey look with dry shampoo like used in my previous project and I would use latex to hide the line between the bald cap and the head. I like this design however it may be a bit too extreme along side the make-up as I want my look to appear as if it was in a modern drama/Horror series and not too theoretical.  


Design Two:

In this design I wanted to represent age in a more classic way. I would have the hair fully pulled back into a low bun and by pulling back the hair tight this instantly ages anyone face by pulling back the features. I would create the grey hair with dry shampoo which will age my character instantly as well and to add some detail I wanted to create a black streak through the hair this would reflect the evil/witch side to my character but only shown through a small element of the design. I was thinking of achieving this either by using hair chalks or by using the black supercolour by running it through the hair. At the front of the face I may pull out small pieces of hair at the front and backcomb them to further highlight age as the hair appear split and frayed through me backcombing. 


Design Three:

In my final design I wanted to take inspiration from the stereotypical 'Witch' but adapt it to modern society and my TV series. Firstly again I will be creating the greying hair by using dry shampoo as this instantly ages a persons hair and face. I would split the hair into two by backcombing the hair at the bottom of the head to make it appear old and dry as if it about it fall out. With the top section of hair I would curl the whole of the top but then back comb each pieces and pin into place creating lots of pin-curls around the back of the head. I wanted to create this look as if my character still tries to achieve her beauty by attempting hairstyles but her age has far caught up with her shown through the backcombed ends.  


Mood Board:

I have produced an overall mood board for my character Mrs.laderman. I wanted to included ideas of costume, make-up and hair that I believe my character would look like and help me inspired ideas and designs. 





No comments:

Post a Comment