Tuesday 12 April 2016

Final Character: Mrs.Laderman

Mrs.Laderman... All Made up

In this blog I will be writing about my final chosen make-up and hair designs for my character Mrs.Laderman. I will be explaining my reasons on why I chose these designs and the process of how I produced these deigns on my chosen model. Down below I have quoted the reasons from my previous blog on why I have chosen these two designs to represent my characters.  

'In my final design I wanted to take inspiration from the stereotypical 'Witch' but adapt it to modern society and my TV series. Firstly again I will be creating the greying hair by using dry shampoo as this instantly ages a persons hair and face. I would split the hair into two by backcombing the hair at the bottom of the head to make it appear old and dry as if it about it fall out. With the top section of hair I would curl the whole of the top but then back comb each pieces and pin into place creating lots of pin-curls around the back of the head. I wanted to create this look as if my character still tries to achieve her beauty by attempting hairstyles but her age has far caught up with her shown through the backcombed ends.'  


Hair Kits:

- Pin tail comb 
- bobby pins 
- Curlers 
- Heat protector spray
- Dry Shampoo



Process:

During this process to create this look I used the pin-tail comb to section of the top part of the hair which I will then curl. Taking the bottom section of the hair and using the pin-tail comb I back-combed the ends of the hair to create a messy and tired look. Referring back to the top section of the hair I curled each piece of hair, back combed then pinned in pin curls around the top of the head. To finish the whole look I sprayed all the hair with dry shampoo to create a greying and ageing look. 



 'In my final design I have taken inspiration from all my designs, however I have changed some aspects and techniques. Instead of the creating the wrinkle with light and shades like shown in the other design I have decided to create them with the 'old age stipple' technique. I would also use a prosthetic witch nose and attach this with latex and blend in with the natural skin using foundation and different colouring of 'supercolour'. I decided to add in the red eyes in this design as I believe the tired eyes really highlights my characters feeling of stress to have youth and the red colouring really will bring out the eyes in photos. In this design I really want to achieve the witch element to my look as this is what my character is truly and I believe this will best represent her.'  


Make-up List:

- Latex 
- Hair dryer 
- Illamaqua loose powder 
- foundation
- Supercolour Pallet
- Prosthetic witches nose
- Avon (peach blusher)
- Brown eyeshadows


Process:

To start this make-up look that I have designed for my character I used the ben nye liquid latex and a stipple sponge. Using these products I used the 'Old age stipple' technique by pulling parts of the skin and covering in latex using the stipple sponge and drying with a hair dryer until it goes clear. (Making sure I tested the latex first on my model). After I had completed this method of the old age stipple all over the models face I then took the Illamaqua loos powder and dusted this across the face which takes the shine of the latex. Then using a beauty blender and a M.A.C Foundation I blended this all over the skin to make the old aged skin look more realistic. To define the wrinkles more I used different shades of brown eye shadows and an angled brush and drew within the wrinkles. I then blended these out with my fingers which defined the wrinkles more making the overall aged look more defined. Then using the 'Supercolour' pallet I took the light red and then the dark red in a gradient under the eyes to create a tired eye look. Using a lip balm I then ran this under the eye which softens and blends out the colour making it look more realistic. Lastly, to finish of the main look and taking the prosthetic witch nose I place it around my models nose and stuck it on with the liquid latex. when it was dry I added more layer of latex blending it out into my models real skin. As the nose I had was slightly tinted green I had to then cover the nose and the outer parts of it in a red supercolour as this is a contrasting colour when you apply foundation. To finish of the look I applied and blended out the foundation on the nose and coloured in the wort with the same brown eye-shadows.       





No comments:

Post a Comment