Friday 15 April 2016

Final Character: Claudia

Claudia... All Made up

In this blog I will be writing about my final chosen Make-up and Hair Designs for my chosen character Claudia. I will be explaining why I have chosen these designs and how I produced these designs on my model. Down in this blog below I have quoted why I have chosen the Hair and Make-up design which were explained in one of my previous blog.

Make-up Design:


 'In my final design I have chosen a more basic make-up look as I wanted to go more natural beauty as I feel this best symbolizes my character. I have taken a lot of inspiration from the third image in. I wanted to as mentioned in every design have the pale complexion but I wanted to use a light peach eye shadow on my design as I believe this is softer than the gold look and more of a neutral tone and I will match the lips with the same colour. To finish of the eye and give a bit more detail I would add again the silver glitter in the tear duck as it represents mystery and sensitivity. I have included the same marks of horror e.g. cut, split lip, bloody nose and black eye but I have emphasize these aspects with bolder colouring and blood.'


Kit List:

- Illamaqua Matt Primer
- Nar's Foundation
- Beauty Blender
- Avon Peach blusher
- Illamaqua Liquid Metal Pallet (silver)
- Clear Eyebrow Jel
- Eye Shadow Pallet
- Scab Blood
- Modelling special Effects wax
- Liquid Latex
- Urban Decay Primer
- Illamaqua White Foundation



Process:

When I started the process of make-up on my character 'Claudia' I wanted to show two side to my character. As my character was being trapped within her apartment I wanted to show her original self in her 'Natural/True' beauty which would represent the 'Rapunzel' representation of my character I am creating. However, on the other hand I am also creating a gore version of my character as she tries to escape from her flat but is faced by the horrors of 'Mrs. Laderman'.

Beauty: To start the beauty look for my character I used the 'Illamaqua Matt Primer' and applied this all over the face then taking the 'Illamaqua White Foundation' and a small amount of 'Nar's Foundation' I mixed these product together to create a pale completion for mt character as to represent her never leaving her apartment. After applying my base I used a light peach blusher from my 'Avon' pallet very lightly on the apples of the checks to give a natural look. Then applying a small amount of 'Urban Decay primer' to the eye lids and then taking a fluffy brush from the 'Real Techniques' collection I used a peach eye shadow from the 'Avon' pallet around the eye and I brought it under the eye also which bring out the blue colour of my models eye. As I wanted a natural look to my model I used a clear lip gloss with a little bit of silver in the center of the lip from the 'Illamaqua Liquid metal pallet' and a natural clear brow gel. To add a last element of natural beauty I used a small detailed brush and a brown eye-shadow and added in fake freckles along the tops of the checks and nose. Then finished off by dusting over some 'Illamaqua loose powder' to blend them in to the natural skin, I believe that the freckles makes my character appear more natural beautiful and adds an element of innocence.  

Gore: When starting the gore element of my character I produced this over the already exciting make-up of my 'beauty' version of my character. To start this look I took colours from an eye shadow pallet to create a black eye. I started with a base colour of yellows and greens in the corner of the eye and buffed these colours out with a fluffy brush therefore it looks bruised and slightly aged. I then took a light purple and mixes of light/dark reds which I blended out from the corner of the eyes and then using a stipple sponge and 'Ben Nye scab Blood' I stippled this over the black eye. I continued this same process over one cheek. Then taking the different shades of red again I buffed in a small amount around the bottom of the nose and part of the lip. Using the scab blood again I ran a small amount below one of my model nostrils to make it appear as a bloody nose. To finish off the look I used a small amount of liquid latex on the top and bottom lip where I placed the eye shadow. When the latex was dry I used some tweezers to lift the latex so it was slightly raised and then using some scab blood and some colours from the super colour pallet I coloured it to produce a split lip. 



Hair Designs:

'In this design I have taken more inspiration from the 'boho' theme as my character Claudia is scared of the outside world but at the same time she loves the idea of the outside but is worried to explore it due to horror films and her 'evil' neighbour Mrs.Laderman. In this design I would curl the hair with a curling wand, making the hair appear long and naturally beautiful which will relate to 'Rapunzel' as she had long beautiful hair. I wanted to incorporate random three braid plaits within the hair as to add to the 'boho' theme and they will also let me put the flowers in them. Then lastly, add a spray of silver glitter in the hair which will add to the beauty of my character and the colour showing the innocence. On the other hand, I do worry that this design could be too simple when showing technique however it may suit the characters background really well.' 

Kit List:
- Curlers
- 'Claires' Silver Glitter spray 
- Fake white flowers
- Pin tail comb
- Hair Tie
- Hair spray


Process: 
To start this process of creating this style of hair shown below I started by sectioning the hair. I split the hair into two section (horizontally) creating a top and bottom section. Starting with the bottom section I simply curled the hair using a curling wand and then hair sprayed it so it would last longer and then did this same process on the top section. Then next I simply did lots of three braid plaits randomly in the hair and then using the flowers I pushed them within the braid which held them in place. To finish off the look I sprayed the entire head with silver glitter spray.  
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment