Wednesday 23 March 2016

Inspired Hairstyles:

American Horror Story

In this blog I am writing about inspired hairstyles from Horror Tv series. In this blog I am writing about the chosen hairstyles from the popular TV series ' American Horror story'. It is a horror based series described as an anthology series. Each season is conceived as a mostly self-contained miniseries with interesting characters a setting. we were putting together a look from one of the characters in the series to help gather an understanding of horror series styles which may help me within building up my designs. 


In this look we were shown an example on how to re-create this characters hairstyled played by the actress and singer/song writer 'Lady Gaga'. The style is quite classy but also ages the person by its short length and position. 






















Kits:

- Hot hair rollers
- rollers and clips
- bobby pins 
- hair spray


Process:

To start this look I pre-heated my hot roller and sectioned the front section of the hair into a low side parting. When the rollers where heated I took the smaller front section and a red roller and roll a small section and clipped it into place. When the shorter side has two rollers in makes sure both are clipped in and move on to the longer side of hair. Taking the pin tailed comb section the front section into three and roll the hot rollers so the hair rolls towards the ears like shown in the first picture. 


In the next step taking the hair at the back of the head continue the hot roll curl method down the back but using the 'Brick method' to follow. Starting from two rolls, then three, then two then one. When all the rollers are set into place, hairspray the whole head and wait until the curls are cool and then take them out. 

















Taking the front section with the high parting I swoop the hair around the side of the head and then clipped into place at the back of the head with a bobby pin and continued this on the other side. As the hair at the back of the head gave me lots of thick curls I took each section of curl working from the top to the bottom of the head I created a swirl and pinned it into place. Do this all over the back of the head until all curls are pinned into place. 





Reflective:

Overall, I am very pleased how this look came out however to improve on my look I would have heated my rollers for longer as my curls did not come out as tight as they should have. I may use this look for my Mrs. Laderman character as I am representing her as an older women and as my model is younger than her age this may help represent her as an older women.  











No comments:

Post a Comment