Tuesday 29 March 2016

Inspired Hairstyles #2

Clown Hair

In this blog I am writing about another inspired look. In the lesson we were given an example of a 'Clown' inspired hair look inspired by an image on 'Pinterest'. In this unit I am learning to take inspiration from other sources to produce my own characters and by being taught these techniques this will help me within my design for my chosen series 'Grimm' and my characters. Below I will be writing about the techniques and tolls I used to produce this inspired look. 


Kits:

- Two Hair ties
- Pin Tale comb 
- Curlers 
- Hair Pins





In this first step we were tolled to adapt the look and make it more interesting by adapting the parting on the 'katie doll' heads. Using my pin-tale comb and the end of the comb I pulled the hair back with the comb and create a zig-zag moment. Then when this movement is created pull apart the hair which will leave the zig-zag parting like shown in the picture. This may take a couple of times in practice if you have never done this before and make sure to brush the hair though before creating as to make it easier to create.









When the zig-zag parting has been created take two hair ties and create two simple ponytails on either side of the head by gathering the hair on either side and tie them up. Then using pre-heated curlers curl either ponytail.  














Then using the pin-tail comb backcomb each ponytail and by having each ponytail pre-curled this will help make the buns bigger as it gives them more volume. Separating each ponytail into four sections curl each over and then pin into place using a bobby pin. Using the pin tail comb push the hairs to make the bun appear as one. Then repeat this technique on the other side.



Reflection:

In this blog I found this technique quite simple as I have created something quite simular in the previous unit. However, the concept is very helpful making me think into what can inspire me for my research to create my characters 'Mrs. Laderman and Claudia' to fit into my series 'Grimm'. 








No comments:

Post a Comment